Want to get involved with a life-changing program? Just one hour of your time can make a big difference in girls’ lives. We have positions for all genders. Allies welcome! We’re looking for the following:
- Keyboard Instructor & assistant instrument instructors
- Band Managers
- Outdoor Adventure Crew
- Glam Squad
- Photo/Video Crew
- bakers/lunch prep
- lunch & snack supervision
- & more
Time commitment and descriptions are on our online form. Check it out!
Are you passionate about a subject or issue and want to share that knowledge with youth? What do you wish you knew when you were growing up? YGRC is seeking workshop proposals for our 2017 camp from individuals or partnering organizations. Past workshops include:
- Women in Media
- Women Who Rock
- Gender and Style
- Being a Community Rockstar
- DIY activism
- Posters, Buttons & Zines
- Tech 101
The sky is the limit, as long as workshops are from an empowering, inclusive, and intersectional perspective.
Gear + Equipment
Do you have an extra bass amp kicking around? Old electric guitar collecting dust? Capos? Tuners?
With 25 campers and 6 instructors, we need gear! Are you able to lend gear for the week, or donate for our year-round instrument lending library?
- Electric guitars, straps, amps, cables, capos, strings, picks, pedals
- Bass guitars, straps, amps
- Electric keyboards of any size
- Drum Kits, drum sticks, stools, etc
- Microphones, cables, mixing board, etc.
Items We Are Looking For
While these things are not necessities, it would be great to have them. Please contact us or stop by the DCMF office if you can help out.
This list will be updated regularly but for now we are seeking:
- Art Supplies (coloured paper, blank printer paper, paint, markers, pens, glitter, glue, stickers, duct tape, etc)
- Unopened make and hair stuff of all of kinds (we’ve got an “attitude & glamour band photo shoot” in the works)
- Hiking Stuff (bear spray, bug spray, sunscreen)
- Blank CDs (for a compilation of camper songs)
- Disposable cameras (we would love to see the camp through the girls eyes!)